Beliefs are what we feel certain about, be they true or not. Beliefs make us comfortable because they justify our actions. You can understand a person’s beliefs by observing their actions (a thief believes stealing is ok, a husband who works 14 hours a day believes work is more important than family). So you can ask yourself, what must I believe about women to act the way I do towards them?
- What are your beliefs about women and how do those beliefs affect you?
- Determine which of those beliefs are helping you and write down how they are helping you.
- Determine which of those beliefs are hurting you and write down how they are hurting you.
- Replace beliefs that are hurting you with helpful or empowering beliefs.
- Write affirmations from your helpful beliefs.
Below are examples of affirmations:
I treat women with respect
I see women as servants of Krsna
I relate to women as mother and honor the motherly nature in women
I see myself as a servant of women
I am kind to women
I see women as self-respecting, valuable human beings.